This version is not supported anymore.
The TYPO3 CMS community supported from 2015-11-10 until 2018-11-27. Extended security & compatibility support (ELTS) expired on 2022-11-30.
Please consider updating to a newer version.
Release Notes for TYPO3 CMS 7.4.0
This document contains information about TYPO3 CMS 7.4.0 which was released on August 4th, 2015.
7ad94538fa4a848f62402b08a6846fed typo3_src-7.4.0.tar.gz a01a3606abf4e8ff5ba4bc645c2380b5 typo3_src-7.4.0.zip
- Before you update any instance to 7.4, have a backup in place.
- Then uninstall any extension, that is not shipped with the core. This will avoid broken backend after upgrade due to removed class alias layer.
- Now download the new core and present it to your instance (by symlink or copied files)
- Use the install tool to run the upgrade wizards
- Use the install tool to clear each and every cache you can find, even opcode.
- Open the backend and go to the extensionmanager. When you use any extension without namespaces, activate the compatibility6 extension. You find further information about this extension and its purpose at <https://typo3.org/news/article/retaining-compatibility-to-typo3-cms-6/>
- Now reactivate your extensions and enjoy the brand new TYPO3 CMS 7.
- When you encounter compatibility problems with your extensions, look for the git versions around in order to find one already upgraded. For example realurl can be found here, until it gets released to TER: <https://github.com/helhum/realurl>
[Important Changes](TYPO3.CMS/Releases/7.4/Important "wikilink")
[Breaking Changes](TYPO3.CMS/Releases/7.4/Breaking "wikilink")
[Functions marked for deprecation](TYPO3.CMS/Releases/7.4/Deprecation "wikilink")
TYPO3 Release Packages (the downloadable tarballs and zip files) as well as Git tags are signed using PGP signatures during the automated release process. Besides that, MD5 and SHA2-256 hashes are being generated for these files. Find more details on verifying signatures and hashes in the infrastructure guide.
Download GPG signed release README.md file
Example of verifying integrity of tar.gz package of current release:
wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/7.4.0/tar.gz wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/7.4.0/tar.gz.sig gpg --verify typo3_src-7.4.0.tar.gz.sig typo3_src-7.4.0.tar.gz