This version is not supported anymore.
The TYPO3 CMS community supported from 2015-11-10 until 2018-11-27. Extended security & compatibility support (ELTS) expired on 2022-11-30.
Please consider updating to a newer version.
Release Notes for TYPO3 CMS 7.6.2
This document contains information about TYPO3 CMS 7.6.2 which was released on December 21st, 2015.
This release is a bug fix release.
Several regressions that had been introduced with the last versions have been fixed with these releases.
7f67a22b4a08a57a3259f5be34633d26 typo3_src-7.6.2.tar.gz a4e0f2b5667add63e10dc9b8ed64ed2d typo3_src-7.6.2.zip
Upgrading from TYPO3 6.2 and from earlier versions of TYPO3 7
- Before you update any instance to 7.6, have a backup in place.
- Then uninstall any extension, that is not shipped with the core. This will avoid broken backend after upgrade due to removed class alias layer.
- Now download the new core and present it to your instance (by symlink or copied files)
- Use the install tool to run the upgrade wizards
- Use the install tool to clear each and every cache you can find, even opcode.
- Open the backend and go to the extensionmanager. When you use any extension without namespaces, activate the compatibility6 extension which can be found in the TYPO3 Extension Repository of typo3.org. You find further information about this extension and its purpose at <https://typo3.org/news/article/retaining-compatibility-to-typo3-cms-6/>
- Now reactivate your extensions and enjoy the brand new TYPO3 CMS 7.
- When you encounter compatibility problems with your extensions, look for the git versions around in order to find one already upgraded. For example realurl can be found here, until it gets released to TER: <https://github.com/helhum/realurl>
Upgrading from TYPO3 7.6 / TYPO3 7 LTS
The usual upgrading procedure applies. No database updates are necessary.\ It might be required to clear all caches; the “important actions” section in the TYPO3 Install Tool offers the accordant possibility to do so.
Here is a list of what was fixed since [7.6.1](TYPO3_CMS_7.6.1 "wikilink"):
TYPO3 Release Packages (the downloadable tarballs and zip files) as well as Git tags are signed using PGP signatures during the automated release process. Besides that, MD5 and SHA2-256 hashes are being generated for these files. Find more details on verifying signatures and hashes in the infrastructure guide.
Download GPG signed release README.md file
Example of verifying integrity of tar.gz package of current release:
wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/7.6.2/tar.gz wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/7.6.2/tar.gz.sig gpg --verify typo3_src-7.6.2.tar.gz.sig typo3_src-7.6.2.tar.gz