Release Notes for TYPO3 CMS 8.0.0
This document contains information about TYPO3 CMS 8.0.0 which was released on March 22nd, 2016.
026918c819f0b92b74de4320dd3750b1 typo3_src-8.0.0.tar.gz 84c1bf8ea60a472a11ca0678a34939a5 typo3_src-8.0.0.zip
faa00c9c465d9db4757c73d2a67ee3fc1201cb95bcb87f8c886a7b093fa0b39b typo3_src-8.0.0.tar.gz ad26f9ae880e0fe05c702e5a2c87b236be62ed551abc576cf5d7a8e23d023d85 typo3_src-8.0.0.zip
- Before you update any instance to 8.0, have a backup in place.
- Now download the new core and present it to your instance (by symlink or copied files)
- Use the install tool to run the upgrade wizards
- Use the install tool to clear each and every cache you can find, even opcode.
- When you encounter compatibility problems with your extensions, look for the git versions around in order to find one already upgraded. For example realurl can be found here, until it gets released to TER: <https://github.com/helhum/realurl>
The usual upgrading procedure applies as well.
TYPO3 Release Packages (the downloadable tarballs and zip files) as well as Git tags are signed using PGP signatures during the automated release process. Besides that, MD5 and SHA2-256 hashes are being generated for these files. Find more details on verifying signatures and hashes in the infrastructure guide.
Example of verifying integrity of tar.gz package of current release:
wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/8.0.0/tar.gz wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/8.0.0/tar.gz.sig gpg --verify typo3_src-8.0.0.tar.gz.sig typo3_src-8.0.0.tar.gz