Stay secure and up-to-date with TYPO3 ELTS!
The TYPO3 CMS community supported from 2017-04-04
Extend your support now until 2024-03-31 to get access to the latest security and compatibility updates for this version.
Release Notes for TYPO3 CMS 8.1.0
This document contains information about TYPO3 CMS 8.1.0 which was released on May 3rd, 2016.
244a10258a080539728ec87545e2eaa6 typo3_src-8.1.0.tar.gz c16a51de79249d8527ae21b7482f58d5 typo3_src-8.1.0.zip
02a1aa49e86a83bb16afc39d8ef2119948a693e87e5fe772b8b3d466060e66c9 typo3_src-8.1.0.tar.gz 07fbe343a84cb6da6e58b9a7c822df77bafd1f82894f70fbd89afb023ca8e629 typo3_src-8.1.0.zip
- Before you update any instance to 8.1, have a backup in place.
- Now download the new core and present it to your instance (by symlink or copied files)
- Use the install tool to run the upgrade wizards
- Use the install tool to clear each and every cache you can find, even opcode.
- When you encounter compatibility problems with your extensions, look for the git versions around in order to find one already upgraded. For example realurl can be found here, until it gets released to TER: <https://github.com/helhum/realurl>
The usual upgrading procedure applies as well.
TYPO3 Release Packages (the downloadable tarballs and zip files) as well as Git tags are signed using PGP signatures during the automated release process. Besides that, MD5 and SHA2-256 hashes are being generated for these files. Find more details on verifying signatures and hashes in the infrastructure guide.
Download GPG signed release README.md file
Example of verifying integrity of tar.gz package of current release:
wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/8.1.0/tar.gz wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/8.1.0/tar.gz.sig gpg --verify typo3_src-8.1.0.tar.gz.sig typo3_src-8.1.0.tar.gz