Release Notes for TYPO3 CMS 8.1.1
This document contains information about TYPO3 CMS 8.1.1 which was released on May 24th, 2016.
This release is a combined bug fix and security release.
Find more details in the security bulletins:
4efe880e94e0c42f72e74b5a1343620a typo3_src-8.1.1.tar.gz 81d82ec5fdcb8639dd2598811ebe8df0 typo3_src-8.1.1.zip
2139ed6bae47ae1265c880a40825a1b85dfe020ba71fcfadc912ede85f73bd55 typo3_src-8.1.1.tar.gz e8229987713b435aa2f3a283f8b4ac8a9679a5ce95ca17c9871437fd68214882 typo3_src-8.1.1.zip
- Before you update any instance to 8.1, have a backup in place.
- Now download the new core and present it to your instance (by symlink or copied files)
- Use the install tool to run the upgrade wizards
- Use the install tool to clear each and every cache you can find, even opcode.
- When you encounter compatibility problems with your extensions, look for the git versions around in order to find one already upgraded. For example realurl can be found here, until it gets released to TER: <https://github.com/helhum/realurl>
The usual upgrading procedure applies as well.
Here is a list of what was fixed since [8.1.0](TYPO3_CMS_8.1.0 "wikilink"):
0833bae [RELEASE] Release of TYPO3 8.1.1 404f09d [SECURITY] Validate complete referring request
TYPO3 Release Packages (the downloadable tarballs and zip files) as well as Git tags are signed using PGP signatures during the automated release process. Besides that, MD5 and SHA2-256 hashes are being generated for these files. Find more details on verifying signatures and hashes in the infrastructure guide.
Example of verifying integrity of tar.gz package of current release:
wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/8.1.1/tar.gz wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/8.1.1/tar.gz.sig gpg --verify typo3_src-8.1.1.tar.gz.sig typo3_src-8.1.1.tar.gz