Release Notes for TYPO3 CMS 8.2.0
This document contains information about TYPO3 CMS 8.2.0 which was released on July 5th, 2016.
0637198c8ae3044bafd87be1e9883f37 typo3_src-8.2.0.tar.gz 4aae3919126f1a796f5665d0b3bfb385 typo3_src-8.2.0.zip
6a6ee7fae6724639aa4e43fe984c20c74c61a5d6feaf152445d087d1ac57621d typo3_src-8.2.0.tar.gz 8fa93b9dded93e067bc6001d48054240ba0bb9d81bca4333600f51815f3b45a7 typo3_src-8.2.0.zip
- Before you update any instance to 8.2, have a backup in place.
- Now download the new core and present it to your instance (by symlink or copied files)
- Use the install tool to run the upgrade wizards
- Use the install tool to clear each and every cache you can find, even opcode.
- When you encounter compatibility problems with your extensions, look for the git versions around in order to find one already upgraded. For example RealURL can be found here, until it gets released to TER: <https://github.com/helhum/realurl>
The usual upgrading procedure applies as well.
TYPO3 Release Packages (the downloadable tarballs and zip files) as well as Git tags are signed using PGP signatures during the automated release process. Besides that, MD5 and SHA2-256 hashes are being generated for these files. Find more details on verifying signatures and hashes in the infrastructure guide.
Example of verifying integrity of tar.gz package of current release:
wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/8.2.0/tar.gz wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/8.2.0/tar.gz.sig gpg --verify typo3_src-8.2.0.tar.gz.sig typo3_src-8.2.0.tar.gz