Release Notes for TYPO3 CMS 8.3.0
This document contains information about TYPO3 CMS 8.3.0 which was released on August 30th, 2016.
237318f8b3e578b897323bae81caa9e1 typo3_src-8.3.0.tar.gz 98f4f506ef5ecebf9f415c821e99dba8 typo3_src-8.3.0.zip
2bda5064078b64e9fc71215359bc52058cb0719b15af9a502f46372bf0a5575c typo3_src-8.3.0.tar.gz 45babd374f00ff3e6b450f1b14455f056c384f78a56ddacacc4781527397743c typo3_src-8.3.0.zip
- Before you update any instance to 8.3, have a backup in place.
- Now download the new core and present it to your instance (by symlink or copied files)
- Use the install tool to run the upgrade wizards
- Use the install tool to clear each and every cache you can find, even opcode.
- When you encounter compatibility problems with your extensions, look for the git versions around in order to find one already upgraded. For example RealURL can be found here, until it gets released to TER: <https://github.com/helhum/realurl>
The usual upgrading procedure applies as well.
TYPO3 Release Packages (the downloadable tarballs and zip files) as well as Git tags are signed using PGP signatures during the automated release process. Besides that, MD5 and SHA2-256 hashes are being generated for these files. Find more details on verifying signatures and hashes in the infrastructure guide.
Example of verifying integrity of tar.gz package of current release:
wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/8.3.0/tar.gz wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/8.3.0/tar.gz.sig gpg --verify typo3_src-8.3.0.tar.gz.sig typo3_src-8.3.0.tar.gz