Stay secure and up-to-date with TYPO3 ELTS!
The TYPO3 CMS community supported from 2017-04-04
Extend your support now until 2024-03-31 to get access to the latest security and compatibility updates for this version.
Release Notes for TYPO3 CMS 8.4.0
This document contains information about TYPO3 CMS 8.4.0 which was released on October 18th, 2016.
38695fe2d2f70c9ba4c975ecb4fc1fb2 typo3_src-8.4.0.tar.gz ccb5b6caef62c42ec1d6291beabdf7b2 typo3_src-8.4.0.zip
bef43bced7dcd08ea279224d659bdfe33d12d9a77eb121b6cef66b05062fb5cc typo3_src-8.4.0.tar.gz dc0f519d66bc09e54cda05d02056bf083402be9433ab8b848efc7077a433654d typo3_src-8.4.0.zip
- Before you update any instance to 8.4, have a backup in place.
- Now download the new core and present it to your instance (by symlink or copied files)
- Use the install tool to run the upgrade wizards
- Use the install tool to clear each and every cache you can find, even opcode.
- When you encounter compatibility problems with your extensions, look for the git versions around in order to find one already upgraded. For example RealURL can be found here, until it gets released to TER: <https://github.com/helhum/realurl>
The usual upgrading procedure applies as well.
TYPO3 Release Packages (the downloadable tarballs and zip files) as well as Git tags are signed using PGP signatures during the automated release process. Besides that, MD5 and SHA2-256 hashes are being generated for these files. Find more details on verifying signatures and hashes in the infrastructure guide.
Download GPG signed release README.md file
Example of verifying integrity of tar.gz package of current release:
wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/8.4.0/tar.gz wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/8.4.0/tar.gz.sig gpg --verify typo3_src-8.4.0.tar.gz.sig typo3_src-8.4.0.tar.gz