Release Notes for TYPO3 CMS 8.5.0
This document contains information about TYPO3 CMS 8.5.0 which was released on December 20th, 2016.
d418e00dd332af58b4704b0d318b3f6f typo3_src-8.5.0.tar.gz c3dd482a821133204d6d784a9487717f typo3_src-8.5.0.zip
05cee06541a0fbf9e30c1d2dbd0d384eb36f91da24c692c84145d2481627b8e4 typo3_src-8.5.0.tar.gz 09aa6360534cfe193ae66d914b449b5a28edb0ce6f794fa04d8474b836fd9117 typo3_src-8.5.0.zip
- Before you update any instance to 8.5, have a backup in place.
- Now download the new core and present it to your instance (by symlink or copied files)
- Use the install tool to run the upgrade wizards
- Use the install tool to clear each and every cache you can find, even opcode.
- When you encounter compatibility problems with your extensions, look for the git versions around in order to find one already upgraded.
The usual upgrading procedure applies as well.
TYPO3 Release Packages (the downloadable tarballs and zip files) as well as Git tags are signed using PGP signatures during the automated release process. Besides that, MD5 and SHA2-256 hashes are being generated for these files. Find more details on verifying signatures and hashes in the infrastructure guide.
Example of verifying integrity of tar.gz package of current release:
wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/8.5.0/tar.gz wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/8.5.0/tar.gz.sig gpg --verify typo3_src-8.5.0.tar.gz.sig typo3_src-8.5.0.tar.gz