Stay secure and up-to-date with TYPO3 ELTS!
The TYPO3 CMS community supported from 2017-04-04
Extend your support now until 2024-03-31 to get access to the latest security and compatibility updates for this version.
Release Notes for TYPO3 CMS 8.7.0 / TYPO3 CMS 8 LTS
This document contains information about TYPO3 CMS 8.7.0 which was released on April 4th, 2017.
70ffd9ea93d82de8281fbd3aa36d84f2 typo3_src-8.7.0.tar.gz 178c3922f5609207a89e8411c56e191f typo3_src-8.7.0.zip
3e91e8d4ef0a6733613fc33a5182679da3234f2003436ae31141d26a25d412d5 typo3_src-8.7.0.tar.gz 7774ad5134128b6f9506bb2be80f1b610ea96c524be4a50e058cc7e55befc791 typo3_src-8.7.0.zip
- Before you update any instance to 8.7, have a backup in place.
- Now download the new core and present it to your instance (by symlink or copied files)
- Use the install tool to run the upgrade wizards
- Use the install tool to clear each and every cache you can find, even opcode.
- When you encounter compatibility problems with your extensions, look for the git versions around in order to find one already upgraded.
The usual upgrading procedure applies as well.
TYPO3 Release Packages (the downloadable tarballs and zip files) as well as Git tags are signed using PGP signatures during the automated release process. Besides that, MD5 and SHA2-256 hashes are being generated for these files. Find more details on verifying signatures and hashes in the infrastructure guide.
Download GPG signed release README.md file
Example of verifying integrity of tar.gz package of current release:
wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/8.7.0/tar.gz wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/8.7.0/tar.gz.sig gpg --verify typo3_src-8.7.0.tar.gz.sig typo3_src-8.7.0.tar.gz