Release Notes for TYPO3 CMS 9.0.0
This document contains information about TYPO3 CMS 9.0.0 which was released on December 12th, 2017.
37df972a3bca0b6a2fdcf8f3323763dfe9f9b38004547117e28dac22dec9200b typo3_src-9.0.0.tar.gz 04009f1b22234663e9862d7df6d19cf8296137b912aaf71085153bedaa0528d3 typo3_src-9.0.0.zip
- Before you update any instance to 9.0, have a backup in place.
- Now download the new core and present it to your instance (by symlink or copied files)
- Use the install tool to run the upgrade wizards
- Use the install tool to clear each and every cache you can find, even opcode.
- When you encounter compatibility problems with your extensions, look for the git versions around in order to find one already upgraded.
The usual upgrading procedure applies as well.
TYPO3 Release Packages (the downloadable tarballs and zip files) as well as Git tags are signed using PGP signatures during the automated release process. Besides that, MD5 and SHA2-256 hashes are being generated for these files. Find more details on verifying signatures and hashes in the infrastructure guide.
Example of verifying integrity of tar.gz package of current release:
wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/9.0.0/tar.gz wget --content-disposition https://get.typo3.org/9.0.0/tar.gz.sig gpg --verify typo3_src-9.0.0.tar.gz.sig typo3_src-9.0.0.tar.gz